Search This Blog

Sunday 17 August 2014

#100happydays Day 41 Memories and Decluttering

August 17

Well - I got the food done yesterday, and today spent most of the day going through boxes to clean out the spare bedroom/office.





This was the start... What I had to deal with. (Still no place for Luke).



Here are some of the memories I decided to keep.

A singing bear from when I was a baby, Dumbo from my trip to Disney Land, and a frog from my friend, Nehal.

 When I was 17, I went across the country to travel (in a group called Katimavik). My friend, Denise made me Homesick notes to read, and to give me a laugh if I was sad. I kept them all until today. I'm still keeping some of them.



 Sweet note from my friend, Sus. I met her in Korea.




A Christmas card from James.

A ring from Clint. (notice the finger... not an engagement ring.) It's actually a ring his dad gave him, and he doesn't wear, so he asked if I want to wear it. Also, I'd like to point out that his stuff is mixed in as well.

My besties.

Katimavik memories.



Look how much I did: 


That doesn't mean I'm done, it just means everything is moved around... I'm still working on it.

I did a lot today, and got rid of a lot of cards and letters that I don't need to keep (I kept a lot as well). It was fun and exhausting. I had a lot of letters from people I don't talk to anymore (and a few from people I don't actually remember who they are).

Also - I made a delicious breakfast. Eggs, Avocado, and sausage Benedict. I'm not very good at making eggs 'over easy', and finally, I made them successfully.


It's been a very successful weekend! Next weekend, camping!

Gratitude

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment