Search This Blog

Thursday 17 July 2014

#100happydays and throw back Thursday July 17

Day 10 of my 100 Happy Days.

I passed a fence with cool flowers at a school this morning, I had fried pickles and a huge poutine for lunch at Taste. Plus French macaron's for dessert. (Although I was too full for them). And Saskatoon is about to get a big storm. Hopefully not too scary! :)


And I want to bring the gratitude for my wonderful past adventures into my Thursday post as well. So I will.

While I was teaching in Seoul, South Korea, I went skateboarding for the first time with some friends. I am NOT great with balancing or any sort of balance. I decided (because there was a time in my life when I was a bad-ass) to skateboard down a ramp. My friend decided to help, and he said 'you need speed', and gave me a push. The skateboard went pretty fast. I fell off it, and landed on my elbow. It hurt like hell, but I kept going. I actually did go down the ramp later that night with nobody else around. It wasn't until later that night when I tried to change into my pajamas that I realised my arm wouldn't straighten. The next day, after teaching my first class, I finally asked a Korean teacher to take me down to the doctor. They straightened it for me after giving me a shot in the butt. (That was the scariest part). I was in a sling for a couple of months and got shock(ish) therapy. (I didn't realise that's what they were doing because they spoke to me in Korean). This pictures is the night after it was straightened, I let beer and tequila be my pain killers. (I saved the pain killers for the next day).



This was MONTHS later. Back on the board, but actually just stood on it for the picture. This was my last night in Korea.

Gratitude

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment